A 3-Day Seminar
The THE LANGUAGE OF IMPACT Seminar is our 3-day, signature seminar – the course that best-selling Chicken Soup for the Soul authors take and authors, entrepreneurs and executives from every industry you can name.
The course operates on 3 levels:
On the first level, it’s a rigorous inquiry into how to get yourself and your message into the MEDIA and how to deliver killer interviews once you get there.
On the second level, it is about communicating with maximum IMPACT in business, whether you’re in the media or not. When the stakes are high and the moment is brief, your message has to punch through our over-loaded and ever-shortening attention span. Joel shows you how to “grab ’em fast and keep ’em long” in the way that only a veteran broadcaster can.
And finally, it’s about LEADERSHIP – developing who you need to be and how you need to communicate to command attention, inspire and move people everywhere.
Who is Joel Roberts?
Joel Roberts is a former, prime-time, KABC radio talk show host in the #1 radio market in the world – Los Angeles. Today he is President of his own communications and media consulting firm based in LA and New York. His clients range from major publishers and best-selling authors to Fortune 500 corporations such as Lockheed Martin, Eli Lilly, Pfizer, Novartis, Wal-Mart and Target. He also coaches many prominent politicians, entrepreneurs like Kinko’s founder, Paul Orfalae, and celebrities, including rock star Kenny Loggins.
In the publishing world, Joel is widely considered to be one of the top – if not the top — media consultants in the business. He is the official media coach for the #1 best-selling franchise, Chicken Soup for the Soul. Other best-selling author clients include:
- Marci Shimoff (Happy for No Reason)
- Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl)
- Stephen Covey (Seven Habits of Highly Successful People),
- Jack Canfield (The Success Principle),
- Marketing guru Jay Abraham
- Real estate maven, Bob Allen
- #1 best-seller Harv Eker (Secrets of the Millionaire Mind)
- Lifestyle and Wealth Strategist, Christopher Howard
- 5 of the authors featured in the mega-hit The Secret,
- and many, many others.
Joel’s clients have been on Oprah!, The Today Show, CNN, and virtually every major television and radio talk show as well as on the cover of virtually every magazine and newspaper across the country.
Today, however, Joel’s work extends far beyond traditional media. He is fascinated by the application of media principles to the business arena and travels the globe training tens of thousands of entrepreneurs to use the Language of Impact in their marketing, sales, and business communications across the board.
Joel will also be joined by his business partner, COO, co-presenter (and wife!) Heidi Roberts. Heidi is a former award-winning television producer who has produced and supervised over 17 television movies and mini-series for all the major US networks and cable stations. She is also co-founder of the Flash Forward Institute and has trained over 15,000 entertainment professionals across the US and Canada, on how to market themselves, build their businesses, and advance their careers.
Who should do this seminar?
Anyone who has something important to say and can’t risk getting it wrong!
- An author embarking on a book tour
- A business owner marketing your products to consumers
- A service professional looking for more or bigger clients
- An entrepreneur soliciting venture capital
- A trial lawyer needing to persuade a jury
- A doctor presenting a paper to your peers
- An activist lobbying the legislature
- A politician running for office
- An executive seeking a greater position of leadership
or anyone who wants to get your message out into the world and/or into the media limelight — television, radio or print — then this is for you.
What is the format of the seminar?
THE LANGUAGE OF IMPACT Seminar is a three-day, rock ’em, sock ’em communications laboratory. The format is intimate, 100% interactive, rigorous and fun!
DAY 1 — PRINCIPLES, MODELS & TECHNIQUES
Joel interacts with participants in front of the room and from these dynamic exchanges, he generates all the key communication principles, models and techniques that we’ll be using throughout the course. These include:
- Three elegantly simple models for nailing your story and message in one minute or less
- The 4 Key Balances great communicators must navigate
- The single most effective communications strategy
- How to generate unforgettable sound bites
- The difference between your “hook” and your “message.”
- How to differentiate yourself from your competitors and create a unique “signature” in the marketplace
- How to put YOU in your YOU-nique selling proposition
- How to sell the problem before you sell the solution – and why you must!
- Where your credibility really lives and how to quickly establish it
- How to tell stories like a media master – even if you’ll never be on the air
- And much, much more!
You will find that Joel can be hysterically funny, fiercely uncompromising, compassionate, edgy, supremely worldly and occasionally enlightened, but one thing he NEVER is, is boring!
DAY 2 – PRACTICE
Heidi will lead you in a variety of exercises that will get this material into your bones. You’ll work in partners, groups and solo, honing your message, practicing and getting feedback from Heidi and the “audience.” This is your chance to swing out and try things you’ve never done before. And you’ll be able to see instantly what works and what doesn’t. Plus you’ll be bonding with and being supported by the other people in the seminar who are going through exactly the same issues and challenges as you are. By the end of the day, you’ll be ready for….
DAY 3 — “ON AIR” DAY!
On Day 3 we simulate what it’s really like to get yourself on the air and to deliver a great interview once you get there. The room is transformed into a television set and Joel interviews participants as if they were on a live television or radio broadcast. Before your eyes, you’ll see the integration of everything we’ve covered. And whether you ever do mainstream media or not, you’ll come away with a whole new understanding of where impact lives and exactly what you need to do to create it from here on out.
When is it and where? How much does it cost?
In 2018, we have one LANGUAGE OF IMPACT [LOI] Seminar scheduled in Germany. Please check our Event Calendar as we are continuously adding new dates.
For prices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (615) 540-1995 and be sure to leave a phone number where we can reach you.
What other programs do you have?
We also offer a 4-Day ADVANCED COURSE. This is a very small and intensive, high-level Master Class that includes advanced interview training and work on video. See below for more information.
How do I register?
Simple. Just e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know which program(s) and dates you’re interested in. Or call our office at +1 (615) 540-1995. We’ll contact you and take care of the rest of your registration from there.
If you have questions or are not sure if this is for you, do not hesitate to give us a call at +1 (615) 540-1995. Heidi Roberts will be glad to help you any way that she can.